2019 WAESOL Conference
Navigating New Terrain in EL Education
WAESOL, the Washington state affiliate of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), is a professional, non-profit organization whose purposes are to:
- Promote scholarship
- Disseminate information related to ESOL
- Strengthen instruction, teacher training, and research in the teaching of English to speakers of other languages
READ Proposal Guidelines Carefully. Submissions exceeding the limits will not be considered.
- Session Title: 10 word limit. Use Title Case.
- Session Description: 300 word limit (2000 characters). Full description of session for reviewers. This will not appear in the conference program.
- Abstract for Program: 50 word limit (360 characters). This will appear in the program both online and in print.
- Speaker Biographies: 100 word limit per presenter. Will appear only online. Please note that speaker photo is optional.
8 Categories related to this year's theme
- Navigating TESOL Career Paths: Shifting into materials writing, K-12 certification, instructional design, editing, etc.
- Changing Demographics in K-12, adult, and post-secondary language institutions
- Supporting Students with Disabilities
- Policy and Advocacy in a time of change
- Technology and language learning: instructional design, assessment, etc.
- Instructional Strategies
- Other relevant topics