Security BSides is a decentralized movement of community events. We all share in the responsibility to be good to, and for, the communities we serve. We also share a responsibility to the global BSides community, and the other communities we participate in.
There should be no sales pitches in the talks. There is no "pay for play", that is, sponsorship does not include speaking rights, and speaking positions are not to be sold.
BSides Belfast expects technical talks based within the domain of cyber security. We are beginner-friendly, but this is not only a conference for beginner tech talks. Don't be afraid to drill down into the fascinating technical minutiae, that's what we're here for!
We are accepting both Lightning Talks (<15mins including Q&A) and longer presentations (<35mins including Q&A), with the emphasis on the latter. Out of respect to the audience and the other speakers we would strongly discourage people from overrunning their timeslots.
Submissions will consist of:
- Title of your presentation
- Type of presentation (regular length or lightning talk)
- Abstract (description) summarising your presentation (max. 500 words). This should be suitable for inclusion in the event programme and elsewhere online. It should include details of what the talk will be about and what takeaways attendees can expect from it.
- Have you already presented this topic elsewhere? (If Yes, at which event? What was the title?)
- Speaker Bio (max. 150 words). This should be suitable for inclusion in the event programme and elsewhere online, Be aware that this may not be shared with the judging panel, so do not include key selling points for your talk in it. If you wish to have multiple speakers, please make this clear.
- Name/Nickname/Twitter Handle (to appear on our Speakers List)
- Photo/Avatar (to appear on our Speakers List)
All talks will be judged by our independent panel on merit. While we aim to let all successful applicants know by the end of June, be aware that delays are possible.
Code of Conduct:
Any CFP submissions that do not abide by our Code of Conduct
will not be accepted.