DevFests are community-led developer events hosted by Google Developer Groups around the globe. For its 9th edition, DevFest Algiers 2021 will be hosted by GDG Algiers and WTM Algiers to give it a special touch. The event will run on a span of 3 days: the 18th, 19th, and the 20th of November.
It will be rich with conferences, workshops, and a big comp where participants will have to build solutions to a specific problem.
This year's focus will be on the content. We are looking for speakers like you, who are ready to rock the stage and deliver the best talks in the field.
We're looking for experience-based talks, the information that can not be found in the documentation or easily googled. We're looking for your stories, your struggles, research results, and experiences with the frontier tools or technologies. we're also interested in local success/failure experiences under Algerian or at least African circumstances.
- Quick talks: 15-20min, the speaker can talk about a general topic (technical or non-technical) this should include a 2-5 min discussion session.
- Conferences: 30-40min, the speaker can tackle a more specific and detailed content this should include a 5-10 min discussion session.
- Workshop: approx 4h, about a specific technology.
The number of speakers per talk: 2 Max.
- The event is planned to be a hybrid event where we will be having some activities in-person and some online so choose What suits you
List of topics :
Contributions are welcome but not restricted to :
- Software Engineering
- Software Engineering aspects, Software Testing, Software Architecture, Code Quality.
- Android & Kotlin, Flutter related topics
- Mobile Cloud Computing
- Big Data / Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence
- Deep Learning, Statistical Learning, Neural Networks, Object, Character, Graphical & Text Recognition, Machine Learning Applications, Data Mining, Data Science, Data Analysis ...
- Cyber security
- Penetration Testing, CyberSecurity Tools, CyberSecturity Techniques, DevSecOps
- Cloud Computing
- Public Cloud technologies by the major players (GCP, AWS, Azure and others)
- Talks related to Cloud Native : App Definition and, Development, Orchestration & Management
- UI/UX design
- Research, Visual Design, Usability, User interface design, Interaction design, Design testing
- Motion/Graphic design
- Community Related Talks
- WTM or GDG communities: You can introduce your community and talk about your past and upcoming events
- Other Communities: You can introduce your community and talk about your past and upcoming events of your community, and share your best practices with fellow community organizers.
- You can talk about topics like leadership, experience sharing, Strategy, and Vision conception
Additional guidelines :
We strongly encourage and would appreciate it for our speakers to :
- Deliver the talk in an audience-friendly way, and that is regarding the used language, and the simplification of technical terms when necessary
- Keep an enthusiastic interaction with the audience
- Keep an open mind for the audience's questions regarding the discussed topic
As for our trainers :
- Voluntarily provide technical, mental, and moral support for the participants.
- Remain as available and as open as possible for the participants' questions
- Provide participants with constructive feedback
Talks that will not pass the initial review
- Talks whose focus is pitching a company or project. It’s cool that you mention your company during the presentation, but it shouldn’t be the focus of the talk.
- Recruitment talks to attract talent.
Any questions? Cannot find a matching topic you would propose? No worries.
Email organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org and let's discuss details.