The Student Advisory Committee of the International SpeechCommunication Association (ISCA-SAC) is pleased to announce its 7thDoctoral Consortium. This event gives doctoral candidates the opportunityto present and discuss their research with a panel of experts. The discussion includes feedback on the evolution and progress of the students, in order to help them identify a road-map towards refining their thesis. All doctoral students from speech-related disciplines are invited to apply! Participants will be selected based on their submitted abstracts.
Similar to last year’s edition, this year, the Doctoral Consortium will be held online just before the beginning of Interspeech 2021.
Panel of Experts
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
Applicants should submit a two-page extended abstract, briefing the research pursued towards their thesis. It may incorporate published and in-progress work. The abstract must highlight the following points:
- Research motivation;
- Key issues that have been identified and/or addressed;
- Discussion of results;
- Plans for the future and thesis road-map;
- Major contributions of your research.
- Abstracts should have a maximum of two pages including all text, figures and tables, plus an additional page for references.
- Abstracts should follow the Interspeech 2021 template provided in the author's kit.
- Abstracts must have the applicant as the sole author. Acknowledgements towards supervisors, supporting agencies, and contributors to the work, can be made in a dedicated section of the extended Abstract.
- Submit your abstract in PDF format in sessionize. Please note that:
- In the platform, Session Name corresponds to the title of your Extended Abstract, and Session Description corresponds to a short description of your abstract.
- In the speaker information-related fields, feel free to ignore the speaker photo box.
- Accepted submissions will be published on www.isca-students.org. A submission inherently indicates consent for ISCA-SAC to publish the abstract.
- June 7th, 2021 - Submission portal opens
June 30th, 2021 - Abstract submission deadline
- Extended: July 9th, 2021 - Abstract submission deadline
- July 15th, 2021 - Acceptance/rejection notification
- July 30th, 2021 - Camera-ready abstract due
- August 29th, 2021 (tentative) - 7th Doctoral Consortium
The event will be held online.
Francisco Teixeira (email@example.com)
For more information about ISCA-SAC please visit: www.isca-students.org.