REVULN 21 Manila is an international cybersecurity conference taking place on 20-22 May 2021 in Quezon City (Philippines) at RED Hotel Cubao.
The conference is focused on the following topic with presentations covering countries and areas of Asia:
(organizations, hackerspaces, makerspaces and hacklabs)
The topic is discussed from different points of view and focused on the countries and personal experiences of the selected international speakers.
Each presentation covers a slot of 45 minutes inclusive of questions (Q&A session).
A 15 minutes break is available after each presentation for networking and privately talking with the speaker.
The event also includes an "open topic day" covering varios areas like cybersecurity, journalism, freedom of information, intelligence, cryptography, data analysis, privacy, censorship, activism, technologies in law enforcement, and others.
Main features of the event:
- no sponsors, no marketing, and no promoted business
- invitation-only and free
- guests selected by us and by the attendees
- sessions covering specific target topics
- focused on the region where the event is hosted (Asia)
- networking with people from various countries and fields
Is it an in-person event?
Yes, all the REVULN conferences are traditional physical events with attendees meeting in-person.
What is this event?
REVULN is a series of free meetings for invited guests where participants attend the presentations of international speakers and connect with all the selected guests.
The idea behind the events, the way they are organized, and the non-commercial goals are unique. No conferences hosted by private companies have similar features.
Is it a marketing or promotional event?
No. We do NOT promote, advertise or sell anything, and we do NOT accept sponsors.
The event has been created, planned, and financed by us just for speakers and attendees, completely for free and without any business, promotional activity, or marketing purpose.
How joining as speaker?
Please check our Call for Papers for details.
We provide free accommodation for the international speakers holding presentations for the main topic on the first two days.
No "paper" is requested because this is a Call for Speakers where you will only be asked to provide the slides of your presentation before the event.
Remember that this is an in-person event and, if selected, you should be able to travel without any problems, this point is very important right now.
How do you select the speakers?
We follow some rules for the selection like giving priority to speakers from different countries in the region of the event.
Submissions for keynotes, from corporate/sales positions, or with undefined content are usually not considered.
Priority goes to talks covering the own experience of the speakers, their current research and projects (both professional and personal), information about how their organization operate in the country, and so on.
Academic presentations, if submitted, are evaluated case-by-case because we would prefer those with a real practical implementation of what has been already presented to academic conferences.
Very important is how the presentation is performed and how comprehensible is the content for both participants with deep knowledge and without any skills in that topic, it's useful to catch their attention and curiosity on the content.
Additionally our suggestion is to submit to the Call for Papers even if not matching the main topic on which the first part of the conference is focused, in fact the main topic may change later if there are more interesting submissions covering other subjects, or due to different interests caused by a postponement of the event to a later date.
Is the event strictly technical and focused on cybersecurity?
No, the event is not an "hacking" conference and our attendees cover various fields with knowledge in different areas.
That's the reason why we prefer technical content presented in a way that may be understandable and enjoyable also by people who have no specific background in that field.
Cybersecurity still is one of the main points of most of the presentations since it touches every fields nowadays.
REVULN 21 Manila
Call for Speakers / Call for Papers
REVULN 21 Manila is an international conference taking
place the 20-22 May 2021 in Quezon City (Philippines) at
RED Hotel Cubao.
This event does not have any sponsors and it's meant for
invited guests only. No marketing or promotion.
REVULN's goal is sharing knowledge and connecting people.
Information and FAQ on https://revuln.com/21manila
We are looking for 15 international speakers with english
presentations of about 35 minutes.
The whole slot is 45 minutes inclusive of questions.
CFP deadline: 30 April 2021.
The conference is focused on the following main topic
with presentations covering countries and areas of Asia:
- also including hackerspaces, makerspaces and hacklabs
- comparison of pre-pandemic and current situation
- hardware and software projects
- examples of projects to share with audience
- groups sharing knowledge in real life
- organization of events, meetings, hackatons and CTFs
- structure of the community and legal status
- suggestions for other groups, how to start and expand
- goals accomplished by the community and their impact
- examples of problems (of various nature) experienced
- future plans and projects, improvements
- raising security awareness through local communities
- relationship with law enforcement agencies
- history of the local groups (online/IRL) in the country
- legal aspects of cybersecurity in the country
- local bug bounties and rewards in the country
- projects created by the group and used internationally
- coordination on vulnerability disclosure
- how the group handles and uses the funds
- how the group handles and gets sponsorships
- promotional activities used to involve more people
- differences with groups in other countries/regions
- cooperation with other groups of the country and abroad
- requirements to participate/visit the space/event
- requirements for being members of the community
- business opportunities coming from these communities
- advocacy, non-profit and not-for-profit
- security awareness programs started by the government
- online-only forums, social pages and communities
Open topic (last day)
- anything like cybersecurity, journalism, freedom of
information, intelligence, cryptography, data analysis,
cyber resiliency, data privacy, censorship, activism,
technologies in law enforcement, and so on
We are interested in:
- your personal experience, work and research
- anything related to your country and region
- statistics, case studies, data, facts and conclusions
- comprehensible content clearly designed and presented
for people with limited knowledge of a country or topic
- different points of views and unusual aspects
We are NOT interested in:
- marketing and promotional stuff, products or services
- pointless presentations without any real content
- live demonstrations or talks requiring Internet access
- generic overview of tools and info as in similar talks
- strong political opinions, we need facts and neutrality
Max two speakers for each presentation.
Speakers benefits (for each presentation)
- Accommodation in Deluxe twin room for 3 nights with
breakfast: checkin 19 - checkout 22 December.
This benefit is meant for the presentations of the main
topic (NOT the open topic) and for speakers outside
- Admission to the conference for two speakers or one
speaker and one colleague
- Suggest people (or positions in organizations) you wish
to meet at the event, we may invite them on our own
How to apply
Send an email to email@example.com.
It must contain the following information in text only:
- Honorific title (Mr, Ms or professional title)
- First Name (given name)
- Last name (family name)
- Nickname (if any)
- Personal website, blog, Github
- Company website
- Social contacts: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, QQ, ...
- Job position and employer (if you represent a company)
or University (if you are a student, prof. or PhD)
or independent (just yourself)
- Brief biography, something about you and your work
- Title of the presentation
- Description / abstract, max 500 words
(this is a Call for Presentations, no paper requested)
- Main points of the presentation, just an idea
- Have you already presented this talk at other events?
- Optional links about similar material and papers online
- Optional links to documents that you would like to be
shared with the attendees during the conference
- Optional names/contacts of people who may have
knowledge, research and interest in these topics
We ever acknowledge the received submissions, if you get
no reply from us please get in touch via social networks.
The PDF slides of the selected presentations will be
shared with the attendees of the conference during/after
the event, and later published on our website (please let
us know if you prefer to not publish the slides).
Contact us for any question, on LinkedIn and Twitter too:
(try searching the ID revuln on other social networks)
If you haven't logged in before, you'll be able to register.
Using social networks to login is faster and simpler, but if you prefer username/password account - use Classic Login.