Forth is a nonprofit trade association accelerating the use of smart transportation to move people and goods in a more efficient, cleaner and equitable way. Learn more at forthmobility.org
Forth’s Roadmap Conference is the leading electric and smart mobility conference in the United States with a growing international footprint. Returning to an in-person event in 2022, Roadmap includes over 100 national and international speakers, dozens of exhibits, regional smart mobility tours, and high-energy interactive breakout sessions. With nearly 1,100 in-person participants in 2019 and over 800 virtual attendees in 2021, Roadmap continues to be the premier forum to explore emerging industry trends and best practices with a diverse mix of industry, utility, community, and government leaders. Take a look at the full 2021 Program and make plans to join us in 2022!
As an impact-based organization, Forth holds racial equity as a pillar of our values. We strive to give visibility and airtime to speakers whose voices have been historically ignored, and who are more reflective of historically underserved communities. This includes ensuring gender and racial diversity in all programming.
Program Policies, Guidelines and Expectations
Forth requests that all proposals focus on educational outcomes, including sharing of best practices and tools, exploring ideas, proposing actionable steps, and summarizing projects and lessons learned. Presentations should not be a platform for business promotion. If a presentation relates to a specific business, product, technology, or project, the emphasis should be on the underlying research or innovation, with the objective of providing insight that attendees can apply to their own work.
Forth seeks diverse representation from different geographic regions and disciplines, as well as race and gender diversity, to ensure the program reflects the diversity of the field. We structure our panels with speakers who represent different sectors and perspectives to foster engaging discussions.
With few exceptions, we will not invite presenters to speak more than once nor will we invite more than two individuals from the same organization to join the program, to ensure the diversity of speakers and perspectives. New this year, we will prioritize speakers who have spoken fewer than three consecutive years on the Roadmap Conference program.
Selected speakers will be offered a deeply discounted $99 full conference registration rate and are encouraged to attend the full conference.
The deadline to confirm participation with a biography (maximum 300 words) and a headshot is February 25, 2022.
Diversity of gender, race, discipline, and geographic representation is a priority for Forth in developing the conference program. Forth will use the following criteria as a means for evaluating proposals:
• Represents an innovative, transformative contribution to a timely and important topic of interest in the electric and smart mobility industry (sample topics noted above).
• Expertise, experience, and diversity of presenters, as demonstrated by presenter bios, speaking experience, etc.
• Originality and demonstrated commitment to enhancing learning of leaders in the advanced mobility ecosystem. Please note the majority of our audience has knowledge of smart mobility and do not need introductory information.
• If the topic/content is specific to a geographic region, how it could be applied to other regions should be covered.
• Research findings should be reflect data collected within the last 18 months and contribute to on-the-ground solutions.