SnykCon 2021 - Call for presentations!
SnykCon is a free developer conference that brings development and security teams together to build security into the SDLC, solve critical vulnerability issues, and protect their organizations. Your talk should inspire, engage, and activate developers around the world to build securely.
- Conference date: October 5–7, 2021
- Theme: Build Securely
- CFP deadline: July 16, 2021
SnykCon talk types
Security flourishes when we collaborate. Come share the lessons you’ve learned with the entire community — your successes, failures, discoveries, and epiphanies.
- Main Stage (20-30 min) - For a broad audience
These sessions are featured talks that typically have a wider scope. They can offer a broad perspective on the future of the industry, share lessons learned, and provide inspiration for the developer and security audiences.
- Lightning Talks (5 min) - Bite-size sessions
Structured to provide a quick interlude between longer format sessions, these talks will aim to highlight a quick case study, tangential topic of interest, or something completely different that makes us say, “Wow!”
- Code & Build (30 min) - Technical sessions, granular deep-dives
For these sessions, we want to hear how you’ve solved tough development challenges, integrated/rolled out security, and handled problems that had a big impact. We encourage deep-dive technical sessions about the work you did.
- Govern & Empower (30 min) - Case studies, thought leadership on collaborative security
We work together to make security better. Tell us how your team integrated security in the development workflow, how you build a security awareness program, or how you navigated the internal change management needed.
- Workshops (60/90 min) - Hands-on and in-depth for understanding and analysis
Do you want to run a session that allows attendees to jump in and do the work? Or have attendees participate in a live hack? Run a workshop and share your in-depth understanding and analysis with an audience that’s eager to learn.
- Demos - Closed to the CFP process
This track will be a mix of Snyk and our tech alliance partner solutions showing off their best features. It's a great education track for attendees who want to check out new tools, solutions and go deep on a variety of dev and security product integrations and solutions.
Get your creative juices flowing
Not sure what to present about? There are lots of stories to tell, and here are some most attended and watched examples from last year’s SnykCon:
Sticking to a theme
We want you to think about the theme: Build Securely. What does building securely look like for you and your team? Based on learnings from the Snyk community, these are some key topics that we see as top of mind.
- Developer-first tools - Enable developers to code securely within their CLI, IDEs, and repositories.
- Secure from the start - Shift security left to build faster, more efficiently.
- Vulnerabilities in context - Manage vulnerabilities while balancing features and security debt.
- Misconfigurations are vulnerabilities - Actionable tips for securing containers and cloud infrastructure.
- Foster cross-team collaboration - Best practices for keeping Engineering and Security on the same page.
- Security controls that support DevSecOps - Automate security testing within existing workflows, pipelines, and processes.
Submit your talk today
The CFP submission deadline is July 16, 2021. Final selections and announcements to submitting parties will be made by August 20, 2021. If you have any questions, email email@example.com and someone from the team will be in touch!