Think Outside the Box!
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Greg is a consummate geek that enjoys living on the bleeding edge, while taking control of the chaos found living on the edge. He is currently employed as a Director of Cloud Architecture in LTIMindtree, where he focuses on strategic change in his client organizations. His current focus is multi-cloud in nature, with heaviest experience in Microsoft Azure.
Area of Expertise
From Data Center to Virtual Residence: Practical Strategies for Moving to and Surviving in the Cloud
I have heard “you must be in the cloud if you want to do business in today’s world.” While I concur with the general gist of the concept, I question the most used migration methods, the concept everything must be cloud, and the focus on differentiation between on premise and cloud options. When a person only has a hammer, everything looks like a nail. This session focuses on getting away from the single tool approach by exposing you to additional tools.
This session is centered around the idea of understanding your current situation, assessing the steps you take, and determining your ideal endpoint, as well as steps you can take along the journey. Whether you are early in cloud adoption, already in process, or fairly mature in cloud residency, you will find some practical steps to help you on your journey.
Topics covered include:
• The 6 Rs: Assessing Your Portfolio
• Strategies for moving to the cloud
• Choosing Between Various Cloud Options
• Current Trends In Cloud Adoption
• A Peek at the Future of Cloud
• Practical Steps for Containing Cloud Costs
This session is intermediate in nature, but distilled down enough to make it easy to be consumed on some level by novices.
This Talk Ain’t Sexy: Real World Strategies in Implementing Best Practices in Your IT Organization
After years of conference speaking, the talk “seven ways to flush your toilet using Angular 12” will always win out over a talk on SOLID Design Principles, although the later talk is infinitely more practical. Let’s face it! Sexy sells!
This talk is built on years consulting on refactoring teams and organizations for success and presents practical steps you can take to improve the professional life of every member of your team(s). In most organizations, it is not so much team members do not understand what to do as much as understanding how to do it. Technical debt and business expectations create impediments in implementation of the practices we all know are required.
In this Session, You Will learn:
• Practical Refactoring Steps to Improve Maintainability
• Adopting a Product Mindset to Improvement Team Ownership
• Focusing on Acceptability to Improve Relationship with Business
• The Paradox of Decreasing Test Landscape to Improve Quality
• Simple Models for Implementing Best Practices and Clean Architectures
• How to Make Best Practices Sexier to Improve Adoption
• Getting Business Onboard for Change