Gopal is currently playing the role of Senior IT Transformation Consultant for Business & Process Excellence in the IT consulting group of Tech Mahindra. In a career spanning 14+ years now, Gopal has played multiple roles in the 20+ consulting & internal engagements he has been involved in. During his professional journey, Gopal has helped CxOs and IT Departments improve their organizational, project and service delivery capabilities which are institutional, scalable and not restricted to just their current business and technology demands but also aligned to their future strategic objectives. This entailed setting up performance management frameworks, defining standard operating procedures and methodologies for project & service delivery based on industry standards, framework and methods like Digital, Analytics, DevOps, SAFe, Six Sigma, Lean, CMMI & ITIL and automating IT management workflows by implementing multiple PPM, ALM and ITSM tools. He has vast experience on providing training's & conducting workshops, recruitment, performance assessments and mentoring teams. Worked and lead, high performance teams of multi-functional and Geo-diversified associates.
He has handled multiple transformational engagements for customers which includes:
• Agile Enablement & DevOps Implementation (SAFe, Scrum)• IT Operating Model / Shared Services Set-up
• Global IT Project / Delivery Models / PMO Set-up
• Operational Excellence Initiatives and Implementation (Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean, Kanban)
• Product Quality Strategy - Code Quality Assessment & Automation (CAST, Sonar)
• ALM Tooling Strategy & Implementation (IBM Rational, HP, Collabnet, Open Source)
• Devops Toolchain Strategy & Implementation (IBM, Collabnet, CA, Open Source)
Gopal is a certified Six Sigma Black Belt from ASQ, Scrum Master from Scrum Alliance, SAFe Agilist from Scaled Agile, Design Thinking Practioner from IBM, Estimation Practitioner from COSMIC & IFPUG, ITIL Foundation from EXIN and Software Quality Analyst professional from QAI. He holds an Engineering degree from Bharathiyar University and Masters in Business Administration from University of Madras, India.