Principal Cloud Architect at CloudWay | MVP
London, United Kingdom
Nikki is an experienced IT and business professional who has been recognized as a Microsoft MVP. With over 30 years of experience, she specializes in Microsoft 365 governance and compliance and is a renowned public speaker and blogger in this field. Nikki co-hosts the “All Things M365 Compliance Podcast” and co-wrote the “Microsoft 365 Maturity Model for Governance, Risk, and Compliance”. In addition, she holds qualifications as an Enterprise Architect (TOGAF) and Organizational Change Manager (PROSCI).
Her belief is that Microsoft 365 governance and compliance is not just a project but a way of life and must be integrated into the organization's culture.
Area of Expertise
Just like how you use a key to keep valuable possessions safe, sensitivity labels are the key to protecting sensitive data in your Teams environment. In this session, we'll explore how sensitivity labels act as the key to your Teams' safe, and cover the following:
• Unlock the power of sensitivity labels to control access to your Teams environment and protect your sensitive data.
• Discover best practices for creating and configuring sensitivity label policies that define who has access to the safe and under what conditions.
• Learn insider tips and tricks to effectively apply sensitivity labels to your existing teams, and overcome common challenges like a master safekeeper.
By the end of this session, you'll have the key to using sensitivity labels like a pro, and ensure the secure handling of sensitive information in Teams. Don't miss out on this opportunity to protect your valuable data - join us for this exciting session with Nikki Chapple.
No matter the size of your business, data protection and compliance is critical.
1. Data is exploding
2. Data regulations are increasing around the world
3. Everyone is at risk of a data breach
Yet data security and compliance can feel overwhelming.
Let me show you how the Microsoft 365 Governance, Risk, and Compliance maturity model can help you reduce risk and improve compliance effectiveness by building a strategy for protecting and managing sensitive and business-critical data.
Why do ownerless Teams occur?
Ownerless Teams occur as part of the joiners, movers leaver process. An administrator removes the user from the Team or closes their account. If they were the only Team owner then the Team becomes ownerless.
Because the is no ‘out of the box’ and simple process for the admin to check if the user is an owner of any Group the process often gets overlooked.
What is the issue with ownerless Teams?
1 The Group has no accountability
2 Membership requests to join private groups stay unapproved because no owner exists to process requests.
3 If the Azure AD Access reviews or Expiration reviews are enforced then who reviews the requests.
How can I minimize ownerless Teams?
This session will show you how to minimize ownerless Teams by building a Power Automate Flow to automate the process of reassigning Team ownership when a Team owner either moves roles or leaves the organization.
Microsoft Teams empowers users to collaborate. However without governance it is easy for organizations to create thousands of Teams sites with no clear ownership and no lifecycle. This uncontrolled growth can quickly turn into sprawl resulting in an IT admin headache to manage and lead to user confusion and dissatisfaction as they struggle to identify which is the correct team to use.
This session will discuss best practices on how to implement Teams lifecycle management to manage your teams through the following stages:
1. Teams creation
2. Ongoing management
3. End of life
Use Lists and Power Automate to build a Team creation process to govern the creation of Teams.
This practical demonstration will show you how to enhance the standard Teams creation process by:
1 - using your own tailored Teams naming convention
2 - adding an approval step
3 - stopping duplicate Team names
4 - requiring multiple owners
5 - adding sensitivity label to allow or block guests and external sharing
The first part of the session will discuss the Microsoft 365 configuration best practices to enable secure collaboration with guests in Teams.
The second part of the session will recommend how to implement a guest lifecycle management process, to ensure your guests only have access to the information they need, for the time they need.
Keeping up with Microsoft 365 changes can be hard, especially with multiple stakeholders. The Message Center sync to Microsoft Planner can help you manage the tasks, but the default sync is limited. In this deep dive session, we will build a Power Automate flow to enhance the standard message sync:
- Automatically add labels and checklists
- Assign tasks and notify the right people
- Monitor and report on the tasks
Are you concerned about the security and privacy risks associated with Microsoft Viva? Don't let your worries stop you from utilizing this game-changing digital workplace solution.
Join me, as I demystify security and privacy concerns related to Microsoft Viva.
Together, we'll explore how to mitigate potential risks and ensure a secure and compliant Viva experience that your employees will love. During this informative session, we'll cover topics such as Viva's security features, regulatory compliance, identifying and mitigating potential data security risks, and best practices for accountabilities and responsibilities.
By the end of this session, you'll have a clear understanding of how to maximize the benefits of Microsoft Viva while ensuring your organization's security and privacy are protected. Whether you're new to Viva or looking to optimize your existing deployment, this concise and informative session is a must-attend for anyone seeking to take their remote work experience to the next level.
1. Discover why governance and data security are key factors for Microsoft 365 Copilot readiness and how they can improve your Copilot experience.
2. Assess your current governance, risk and compliance maturity level using the Microsoft 365 maturity model and find out what you need to do to close the gaps for Copilot readiness.
3. Follow the best practices for improving your Microsoft 365 data quality and data security to ensure that Copilot can deliver more accurate, relevant recommendations and safeguard your sensitive data.
Microsoft 365 Copilot is more than just a writing assistant. It is a powerful tool for creating, collaborating, and communicating effectively. But to get the most out of Copilot, you need to ensure your data security and governance are in good shape.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why it is critical to build your data security and governance maturity before switching on Microsoft 365 Copilot
- Who are the key players in your organization that should be involved in your Microsoft 365 readiness journey
- How to assess your current Copilot data security and governance maturity level and identify areas for improvement
- How to configure Microsoft 365 for “just enough access” to safeguard your sensitive data
- How to improve data quality to deliver more accurate, relevant recommendations
Unlock the Power of Microsoft Viva: Demystifying Security and Privacy Risks
Preparing for Microsoft 365 Copilot - Best Practices for Governance and Data Security
1. Unlock the Power of Microsoft 365 Purview: A Compliance and Governance Masterclass - Full day workshop
2. Preparing for Microsoft 365 Copilot: Best Practices for Governance and Data Security
1, Cracking the Code: Expert Tips for Mastering Governance, Risk, and Compliance in Microsoft 365 (with Simon Hudson)
2. Microsoft Viva Security and Privacy: How to safeguard Your Employee Experience
1. Best practices for governing externally shared Teams
2. Demystifying security & compliance in Microsoft Viva
1. Real World Governance, Risk and Compliance - adopting Microsoft Purview and beyond (with Simon Hudson)
2. Demystifying security and compliance in Viva
1. Viva and Copilot governance
2. Copilot data quality
Don’t let Microsoft 365 Governance and Compliance be a roll of the dice
Demystifying Security & Compliance in Microsoft Viva
Governance & Compliance Viva implications
Virtual M365 Friday Cincinnati
Ignite In-Person at South Coast Summit
Governance, Risk and Compliance and you – Microsoft Purview and beyond
by Simon Hudson & Nikki Chapple
Create a Simple Teams Creation Workflow using Power Automate
Implementing Microsoft Teams lifecycle governance to stop Team sprawl.
Deep dive into the pragmatic ways to manage Microsoft Team sprawl.
Why you need to manage Microsoft Teams sprawl
Expert Roundtable: Securing Access to and Data in Microsoft 365
Microsoft Teams Governance to Halt the Sprawl with Nikki Chapple
Nikki Chapple joins Kat and Azure in this episode to talk about… What is Teams sprawl, How tech has changed over 30 years, Speaking and networking events & Music
Discussion on my career in IT, Microsoft 365 and women in tech.
How to stop ownerless Teams using Power Automate
M365 Saturday Ahmedabad 2022
M365 Saturday Bangalore 2021
Principal Cloud Architect at CloudWay | MVP
London, United Kingdom