.net .net core ASP.NET Visual Studio / .NET SQL Server Data Tools sql server Power Apps Power Automate Microsoft Teams
Portland, Maine, United States
Whether you are a tester or a developer of HTTP API’s, chances are you are already using Postman to some degree. Chances are also that you are missing out on some of the advanced goodness. Using only features of the free version, this session introduces you to effective use of these features to save time, reduce errors and share your work.
You learn how to :
- unclutter your collections with environments
- create dynamic requests with the powerful scripting environment
- chain requests (never run a separate utility to generate auth tokens again!)
- data drive an entire suite of tests with just a few clicks.
- backup and share your work
- automate the whole shebang from the command line, optionally with reports
- much more...
Ditch the click/wait/verify/repeat cycle! Concepts presented here apply to API testing in general, whether you use another tool or test with code only. Save time and gain confidence in your software.
Bob Crowley is a Senior Software Developer in Portland Maine where he builds solutions in the .Net and Azure ecosystems. He has been writing bugs for over 17 years, mostly in the financial industry despite (or because?) still not knowing the difference between a debit and a credit.
In his free time he likes to make the most of both weeks of Maine's summer out on the water either in a kayak or saltwater fishing.
Find Bob on twitter @contrivedex and see his occasional ramblings on contrivedexample.com.