Securing Azure Synapse: Best Practices for Data Protection, Compliance, and Performance
Discover the essential steps to build a secure Azure Synapse Solution in today's data-driven world. This session provides comprehensive knowledge and practical guidance on implementing robust security measures, including the Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF), Well-Architected Framework (WAF), Data Exfiltration Protection, (Managed) Private Endpoints, and secure connections.
During this session, you will:
• Learn how to implement a secure and compliant Azure Synapse Solution within the Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF) and its core components.
• Delve into the five pillars of the Well-Architected Framework, understanding how to apply them to Azure Synapse Solution for enhanced security, reliability, performance, and cost optimization.
• Gain techniques to implement data exfiltration protection measures, including access controls, data classification, and auditing, safeguarding your sensitive data from unauthorized extraction.
• Discover the benefits of (Managed) Private Endpoints and learn how to establish secure connections between your Azure Synapse workspace and data sources.
• Learn various methods to secure connections, including Azure Virtual Network (VNet) service endpoints, Azure Private Link, and SSL/TLS encryption, necessary for a building a secure Azure Synapse Solution
• Experience a mix of slides, demos, and hands-on exercises throughout the session.
By the end of the session, you will have a solid understanding of how to build a secure Azure Synapse solution, integrating CAF, well-designed framework, data exfiltration protection, (managed) private endpoints, and secure connections. You will be equipped with actionable insights to ensure the security and compliance of your Azure Synapse workloads, effectively protecting your data.
Note: This session assumes a basic understanding of Azure Synapse Analytics and cloud services.
Erwin de Kreuk
Data Platform MVP | Lead Data and AI |Public Speaker | InSpark | Innovate to Accelerate
Rotterdam, The NetherlandsView Speaker Profile