Testing python security
Python is a language that in a easy way allows to scale up from starter projects to complex applications for data processing and serving dynamic web pages. But as you increase complexity in your applications, it can be easy to introduce potential problems and vulnerabilities.
In this talk, I will highlight the biggest problems we can find in python functions, how to use then in a secure way and tools and services that help you identify vulnerabilities in the python source code.
These could be the main talking points:
1. Introduction to secure programming in python.
2. Introduce dangerous functions for code inyection and how we can solve this issues from a security point of view.
3. Common attack vectors on Python applications like Remote Command Execution and SQL injection
4. Best practices for avoid execution of malicious commands
5. Tools that help us to protect and obfuscate our source code
Jose Manuel Ortega
Software engineer & Security ResearcherView Speaker Profile