Data modeling 101: Understanding the basics of a good data model
What is a good data model in Power BI? How do you make sure you have the basics in place so the model you build today, will still work next year? During this session we will lift of from basic level and build up in complexity to understand the key element of a good data model! Everything presented in this session will include real-life examples and can be directly brought to practice.
After this session you will be able to:
- Explain basic dimensional modeling concepts
- Create a well working and performing data model in Power BI
- Decide when to use Power Query vs the data model
- Decide when to use Calculated columns or measures
- Handle complex situations with inactive relationships and role-playing dimensions.
Data Platform MVP | FastTrack Recognized Solution Architect | MS Certified Trainer | Data & Analytics Solution Architect
Haastrecht, NetherlandsView Speaker Profile