Paris, Île-de-France, France
Application should continue to function no matter what. So how do you avoid Single Point of Failure (SPOF)?
We will walk through best practices and state-of-the-art techniques to avoid SPOF and ensuring a high availability system.
Topics covered in this presentation:
- What's a SPOF ? with examples
- The complexity of redundancy
- From DNS to Database: a layer per layer solution
- Self healing and auto-scaling system
I'm a highly motivated, hard-working, fast learner and people-oriented CTO who thrives in hyper-growth environments. Curious and eager for knowledge, I am fascinated by all matters related to technology and team organization. I work constantly with C-level executives to help them achieve their goals by using cutting edge technology solutions.
I started coding and building IT systems when I was 9 years old, and I have been in tech world for over 10 years. Such extensive experience has provided me with a sharp and global vision of the IT environment with an expertise in the following areas:
- Scaling of Engineering teams (recruitment, onboarding, growth and career)
- Driving DevOps and SRE cultural shift (Accelerate KPIs / CI/CD / Infrastructure as Code)
- Leading Cloud transformation and architecture design (GCP / AWS / Multi-cloud / Serverless)
- ELT / ETL data architecture (Source of truth, datalake, datawarehouse)
- Software Development (Node.js / Typescript / Perf / Planet-scale system)
- Audit of legacy systems and incremental quality refactoring roadmap
As I am passionate about innovation, I'm constantly looking to identify new technology shifts & trends. Additionally, I participate as a speaker at various tech conferences around the world, I like to write technical posts and share knowledges on my personal blog (https://olivier.codes).
This is an exciting time to be a part of this industry and I'm feel grateful to be a part of it.
Besides the tech world, I also like discovering international flavours and creative dishes. I love cooking for my friends and family. My plan is to visit every country in the world, I like exploring the world in the quest to better understand different cultures.
* MeetupDev IoT Valley - "Designing an architecture using Domain Driven Design" - https://www.meetup.com/fr-FR/MeetupDev-by-IoT-Valley/events/261258955/
* MeetupJS Mobiskill - "Clean Architecture for Node.js" - https://www.meetup.com/fr-FR/Mobitalks/events/261699362/
* DotJS 2018 Conference - "Command Query Responsibility Segregation" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IOFPqdUArQ
* Nodejsday 2019 - "Designing Node.js application for scalability, observability, maintainability..." - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31vPP55hE0M
* Node.js Global Summit 2020 - "ES2020: Features with examples"
* Worldwide Software Architecture Summit 2021 - "Anti-SPOF patterns and best practices" - Pro track