Heroic Fantasy BDD Scaffolding at the Gilded Rose Inn
I guess you've never seen a Goblin, an Elf, and a Dwarf at a software conference!
They have agreed to leave the Gilded Rose for the length of this session. Like many of us, they face the challenge of legacy code with forgotten specs. A wizard taught them a ritual to bring their fragment of memories together and write functional non-regression tests around their legacy code.
During the session, they will walk us through how they use Example Mapping and Cucumber test automation to get Legacy Code under control by building a test harness around the Gilded Rose codebase. On top of that, this ritual:
* Only needs a phone call to get former experts to contribute
* Will let you acquire key allies in the organization
* Will lead to both specs and tests
* Will confront thought-of-specs with actual behavior
* Will let you discover unknown conflicting features causing a lot of bugs
* Is compatible with both rewrite or refactor
Attend the very first play of future comedy stars! 🤥🤥🤥
The main body of this session is a one-hour conference with a lot of interaction, role play, and some live coding. The target audience goes from developers to product people, but people working in quality assurance will also find it helpful. It was first delivered at XPDays Benelux 2022.
The session can also be prolonged with one hour of hands-on group programming for the audience. This long version was delivered at the BDD Meetup in Paris.
Agile & Craft coach, solving technical challenges with people collaboration
Paris, FranceView Speaker Profile