Let's play the built-in Quality Game!
“Why would we lose time with unit testing when we already have a QA department writing automated tests?”
If this is the kind of answer you get from your colleagues, then this game is made for you!
It can be very hard to get people to invest in built-in quality practices. These practices have an unintuitively greater impact on productivity than downstream quality practices. Instead of torturing your colleagues with a training on the queuing theory, just play the Built-in Quality Game! Players will experience and feel the built-in-quality speed-up.
Key benefits of the game include:
* Unlike other serious games, this one uses a realistic software team setting
* It covers the full value stream, from idea to deployment
* it contains both exploratory (Lean Startup, Walking skeleton) and correctness (BDD, TDD, CI, DevOps, Software Crafting) practices
* All the rules and material are available to get you started quickly
* There is no technical pre-requisite
* It’s short, a game is only 1h15
* It’s fun
Whether you are a team member, scrum master or coach: try it, learn plenty, have a good time and transform the way you work!
This is a one-hour workshop targeting anyone involved with software creation. It was first delivered at P3X London in 2019. The material of the game can be found online at https://philippe.bourgau.net/built-in-quality-game/.
Agile & Craft coach, solving technical challenges with people collaboration
Paris, FranceView Speaker Profile