(Slow (code) retreat)
"Simplicity--the art of maximizing the amount of work not done--is essential" We're definitely not there yet!
Isn't it time we deal with the stress and burnout that is rampant in the industry?
Let's try slow programming! After some group reflexion, we will be using TDD and TCR as neurofeedback tools that will catch us whenever we are rushing. We will also experiment with various flavors of mob or solo programming and discover what we enjoy most! Here are the benefits we could expect:
- Less stress, by focusing on what we are doing NOW, in the present moment
- More value creation by focusing on what really matters
- Less technical debt
- Better interactions with colleagues
- More clarity about what to do, easier decision making
- A chance to better tackle the ethical challenges of technology
- Happier families by bringing less stress home
- A form of deliberate practice of zen
- Helping each other!
Join us in this slow dojo!
This is a 2 to 3 h hands-on workshop targeting intermediate to advanced developers. Laptops are required. This workshop was first delivered at XPDays Benelux 2022, and later at Devoxx Paris 2023, Newcrafts 2023, and DDD Europe 2023.
Agile & Craft coach, solving technical challenges with people collaboration
Paris, FranceView Speaker Profile