The surprizing power of baby steps
"Slow and steady wins the race!"
Change of specs, change of code, knowledge loss, change of technology, change of teams, change of market... Writing software is complex! In a complex environment, we need to go by tiny steps. Coding with baby steps, it's splitting development in tiny increments.
Attend this talk to understand why you should learn to code in baby steps NOW! On top of that:
- You will share your own baby-step programming stories
- You will hear the story of how I got hooked to baby-steps
- You will discover all the topics that baby steps improve: Commits, Risk, Effort, Testing, CI, CD, Prioritization, Teamwork, Status tracking, Legacy, and Refactoring…!
- You will understand why baby steps matter from a complexity point of view
- You will learn to take baby steps, even in difficult environments!
- You will set your foot on the path to ever smaller steps
Attend this talk to (re) discover the most overlooked practice in software development!
This is a 45 to 1h conference, with a lot of interaction, storytelling, and 10 minutes of live coding.
It was first delivered at Devoxx Paris 2023 (https://youtu.be/xI_iN1HNweI)
Agile & Craft coach, solving technical challenges with people collaboration
Paris, FranceView Speaker Profile