Storytelling with Data in Power BI
In this era, where we have a strong need to understand the data around; it is essential to have a skill where one can turn data into a story and explain it using the right tools, which can be well received by the audience.
In this session I will take you on a journey where we will try to find insights in the data by visualising it using Microsoft Power BI and then further turn this data into a story that is easy to understand by the audience.
• Importing Global CO2 Emissions public data in Power BI
• Overview of the data in Power Query to see the distributions
• Creating visuals using the data to get strong evidence of what is happening with CO2 emissions globally
• Summarising & visualising data at different granularities to create rich insights
• Create Drill through to the data points and understand the data better
• Best practices around choosing the right visuals
• Tips and tricks around communicating a story to your audience
• Best practices around choosing the theme colours
• Bes practices around creating consistency/uniformity in your report
• In the end, demonstrating a ready interactive Power BI report that has a story to be explained
Microsoft MVP - Data Platform, Analytics Manager at Avanade
London, United Kingdom