c# .NET ASP.NET Core Configuration Managent
Worthing, England, United Kingdom
With the releases of .NET Core 2.x, 3.x and now.NET 5, more developers have now got to grips with the basics of using the default Microsoft Dependency Injection container that comes with .NET Core. However, the story does not end there...
This talk will take you beyond the basics and cover more complex topics such as
* Avoiding unintended multiple registrations
* Conflicts between service lifetimes
* Understanding the Root and Scoped service providers
* Automated service registration packages
* Registering and resolving open generics, classes with multiple interfaces; and interfaces with multiple class implementation
* Integrating with other DI containers
* Key named registrations are not supported ... but I need it!
* Getting better startup performance from your registered services
* Thread safety and avoiding memory leaks
* Validating and unit testing your service registrations
The talk assumes that you have already had an initial dose of DI knowledge and are now ready for a top up to avoid some nasty bugs.
Early versions of this talk has been given at Dot Net Milton Keynes and Dot Net Notts user groups in the UK.
The talk was accepted for DDD East Midlands 2020, but due to COVID the event has been postponed.
The version of this talk being submitted was presented to .NET South West can can be seen on You Tube at https://youtu.be/J08kwBuKFOM
The session includes references to two of my blog posts
I have presented my other talk - Configuration in .NET is Easy ... Right at
* DDD East Anglia
* DDD Reading
* DDD North
* Dot Net Sheff user group - video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLl2Mt3eYxU&t=1s
I have appeared on two podcasts talking about configuration with reference to .NET Core DI
Steve Collins is an independent software developer/architect with over 25 years’ experience in the industry working with Microsoft technologies.
Steve blogs at https://SteveTalksCode.co.uk and tweets @SteveTalksCode
Steve has given talks about configuration at events and user groups around the UK and has also discussed configuration as a guest on the Dot Net Core Show podcast https://dotnetcore.show/episode-49-configuration-in-net-core-with-steve-collins/ and the Documentation Not Included podcast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXoprCDHBZM