My name is Alex Meyer and I graduated from Iowa State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering. My focus area in my degree is in networking and security. I am a current Microsoft MVP in Business Applications.
I currently work as the Director of Dynamics AX/365 Finance and Operations Development at Fastpath Inc. in Des Moines, Iowa.
I present sessions and webinars as a subject matter expert surrounding AX/D365FO security and native controls for both applications.
In this session we’ll look at some tips and tricks of designing/configuring security in Dynamics 365 for Finance & Operations and best practices for modifying and managing security.
Topics covered will include:
• Overview of current security model
• Impact of changing security via UI vs AOT
• Tools to help moving security between environments
• Tools to help test security changes
• How to determine object access and licenses for all users, roles, duties, and privileges
• How security and user licensing are connected
• Best practices for managing security