PowerShell is a task-based command-line shell and scripting language. It is awesome for system administrators and power-users to rapidly automate tasks that manage operating systems and processes. Version 7 of PowerShell was released in March 2020.
• Find out about the new language and cmdlet features included in this release.
• What's the difference between PowerShell 7 and Windows PowerShell?
• How and where can you run it?
• What tools are there to write and debug with?
• What's this "Core" thing and what happened to it?
Previously presented to Adelaide Microsoft IT Pro Meetup - https://www.meetup.com/Adelaide-Microsoft-ITPro-Community/events/266993060
David has been creating software for over 25 years. He has a passion for continual learning and improving quality, and enjoys being in and creating environments where these happen. A Microsoft MVP (Development Technologies), he run the Adelaide .NET User Group.
By day, he works as a Senior Software Developer at RLDatix on healthcare software. In his spare time he contributes to numerous open source projects (including some of his own), and is a package moderator at Chocolatey.org