Microsoft Data Platform Azure Data Platform Microsoft (Azure) Data Platform SQL Server Microsoft SQL Server Azure SQL Server
Rishon LeẔiyyon, Central District, Israel
While being an awesome feature introduced in SQL Server 2012, Availability Groups were always missing the ability to synchronize server-level objects between replicas. This finally changed 10 years later, in SQL Server 2022, with the introduction of “Contained Availability Groups”.
A contained availability group is an Always On availability group that supports:
- managing metadata objects (users, logins, permissions, SQL Agent jobs etc.) at the availability group level in addition to the instance level.
- specialized contained system databases within the availability group.
In this session, you will:
- learn about the similarities, differences, and functionalities of contained availability groups.
- see a live demo of the creation and usage of a contained availability group.
- learn how to work with the feature of contained availability groups and its pros and cons.
Eitan Blumin is a Microsoft Data Platform MVP with decades of experience in all fields relating to Microsoft SQL Server databases and the Microsoft Data Platform.
Eitan Blumin is currently working as a Senior SQL Server Consultant, Solutions Architect, and DBA Team Leader at Madeira Data Solutions, the leading Microsoft Data Platform consulting company in Israel. Other than his day-to-day consultant work, he also co-hosts the popular "SQL Server Radio" podcast with Guy Glantser, writes professional materials for the SQL Server community, delivers professional presentations and courses, and serves as a pivotal source of expert knowledge for the Madeira team.
My name is Eitan Blumin, and I'm the fastest DBA alive. To the outside world, I am an ordinary SQL Server DBA. But secretly, with the help of my friends at Madeira Data Solutions, I fight performance, availability, and security problems no other person can solve, and find other DBAs like me.
When I heard the call for Microsoft Data Platform speakers, I knew I had to step up. But with time, I realized that I'm the only one fast enough to deliver the right sessions that you really need.
I am... The Flash I mean Eitan Blumin.