Contained Availability Groups in SQL Server 2022
While being an awesome feature introduced in SQL Server 2012, Availability Groups were always missing the ability to synchronize server-level objects between replicas. This finally changed 10 years later, in SQL Server 2022, with the introduction of “Contained Availability Groups”.
A contained availability group is an Always On availability group that supports:
- managing metadata objects (users, logins, permissions, SQL Agent jobs etc.) at the availability group level in addition to the instance level.
- specialized contained system databases within the availability group.
In this session, you will:
- learn about the similarities, differences, and functionalities of contained availability groups.
- see a live demo of the creation and usage of a contained availability group.
- learn how to work with the feature of contained availability groups and its pros and cons.
For more info: https://eitanblumin.com/portfolio/contained-availability-groups-in-sql-server-2022/
The fastest DBA alive
Rishon LeTsiyyon, Israel