Do you plan to build a new cloud-based intranet using modern SharePoint communication sites? This fast-paced session is all you need to get started! We’ll mix a bit of planning guidance and best practices with actual demos and useful tips to give you both: an overview of intranet planning and implementing process, and also concrete how-to steps and script examples.
Session contents in a nutshell:
- introduction - what is modern SharePoint and modern intranet
- getting a speedy start with Lookbook and Provisioning Service
- planning and implementing information architecture, hubs and sites, and navigation
- look and feel - creating and applying a theme for your intranet
- configuring intranet main page, section landing pages and SharePoint Home
- content creation: page templates, modern web parts, files and links on the pages
- using PowerShell to create sites and apply settings
Katja is an enthusiastic technical consultant, speaker, and trainer who helps organizations create a better working life and improve their business with Office 365. She's Microsoft MVP (Office Apps and Services) and Certified Trainer.
She started her career with SharePoint 12 years ago, and since 2012 has been bringing companies to the cloud with various Office 365 based projects - collaboration hubs, intranet or extranet sites, workspaces, enterprise social networks, document management systems and enterprise search solutions.
Katja enjoys finding ways to make things run smoother - her main goal is to make the life of an information worker more productive and fun and thus help the employees to focus on their work. She has a great technical knowledge of Teams, SharePoint and related Microsoft-based platforms and solutions. In the evenings you're most likely to find her hanging on the wall (aka bouldering) or having her nose buried in a book.