Software Architect at CI&T, Inc
Software Architect, graduated in computer science that works at CI&T's Drupal Competence Office (DCO), a committee of architects and software engineers that dedicates their agenda to several Drupal subjects such as training, certification, participation on events (as speakers and attendees), strengthening of strategic partnerships, thought leadership, community giveback, involvement in pre-sales and many other Drupal related issues throughout all projects using Drupal within the company
Your can read more at Drupal.org: https://www.drupal.org/u/RenatoG
Area of Expertise
In this session, we'll present in a "practical way" how to create your first project contrib. That is, both a module, theme, or profile.
We will demonstrate in a "practical way" with hands-on and step by step so that it becomes something more interesting for the audience.
- How to follow the best practices of drupal.org to verify if makes sense to create a contrib project in different examples;
- Creating sandboxes and full projects on Drupal.org;
- How to configure git and follow the SCM for the new project;
- How to manage releases, between development, beta and stable;
- How to become a co-maintainer of existing projects to help the community.
I'll share my experience where I had the opportunity to create 7 official contrib modules in the community and over time I got involved helping other maintainers, and today I'm a maintainer of 51 contrib modules which are very relevant to the community, for instance, "Views" that is used by more than 400,000 sites and was included in Drupal core.
Those contributions were very relevant and in 2018 I was proud to be the Top #1 as individual user in the Drupal community according to Dries article "Who sponsors Drupal development? (2017-2018 edition): https://dri.es/who-sponsors-drupal-development-2018
So, I'll share this experience showing how to do it, explaining the challenges, and pointing the best way to become a good maintainer in the Drupal community.
In this session, we'll present the amazing new features that can be used on Drupal 10 combined with CKEditor 5 in order to improve your productivity with content authoring
- How to use the Collaboration feature, with comments, tracking changes, and Real-time collaboration;
- How to export data to PDF, Word, HTML, and Markdown;
- How to use the new formatting features to customize font families, font size and background colors;
- How to apply advanced images and media management in the rich text editor, uploading images by file or URL, styling them, and using the responsive design.
- Using the new tables layout and todo-list;
- How to work with embedded code and code block inside of your rich text;
- Working safer with the Autosaver plugin and Spell-checker;
- Improving the productivity with Automatic Text transformation and Markdown Syntax;
- Applying the cross-platform to work with documents created from Microsoft Word and Google Docs;
- How to create your own custom features for CKEditor 5 using the API documentation;
- How to use the new features of Drupal 10 to help in different challenges in your routine
We'll also talk about an experience working with Drupal in huge projects since Drupal 6. We're Top 30 organization for a 4th year in a row, being the only Systems Integrator in the list so we'll show how to improve your productivity using Drupal 10 features
Software Architect at CI&T, Inc