We (the folks at Web-ideja Ltd.) run a service called Sessionize.com and would love for you to use it. Portions of our service are free, and other portions are not. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what goes on your website as possible and encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you post. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items (like spam, viruses, or serious threats of violence) appear in your submissions and/or events.
If you find an event or submission that you believe violates these Terms of Service, please contact our support team.
Terms of Service
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the Sessionize.com website and all content, services, and products available at or through the website. Our Services are offered subject to your acceptance without modification of all of the terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time by Web-ideja.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of our services, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access or use any of our services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Web-ideja, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
Our Services are not directed to children younger than 18, and access and use of our Services is only offered to users 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18 years old, please do not register to use our Services. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to our Services represents that they are 18 years of age or older.
- Your Sessionize.com Account and Website. If you create a speaker profile or an event on Sessionize.com, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and data, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You must immediately notify Web-ideja of any unauthorized uses of your event, your account, or any other breaches of security. Web-ideja will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
Responsibility of Contributors. If you post material to the Service, post links on the Service, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct. That is the case regardless of what form the Content takes, which includes, but is not limited to text, photo, video, audio, or code. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, libelous or defamatory (more info on what that means), does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your event is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- Fee. By paying a fee, you are entitled to use the Service for one occurrence of your event.
- Chargeback / Refund / Cancellation Policy. All Sessionize.com accounts begin an obligation-free trial which will allow you to evaluate the Service. No credit card information is collected to initiate a trial account, and charges will only be applied after explicit purchase. If you have a question about charges made to your account, please contact us immediately. If the charges were made in error, we will immediately credit your account or credit card account for the appropriate amount. Web-ideja has a zero tolerance policy for chargebacks. Any customer who disputes a credit card payment that is found to be valid will be permanently blacklisted and barred from use of the Service. Any past due fees and costs will be sent to collections. If our collection efforts fail, unpaid debts will be reported to all available credit reporting agencies.
- Responsibility of Visitors. Web-ideja has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to our Services, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating our Services, Web-ideja does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful, or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Our Services may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Our Services may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Web-ideja disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of our Services, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Sessionize.com links, and that link to Sessionize.com. Web-ideja does not have any control over those non-Sessionize.com websites, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Sessionize.com website, Web-ideja does not represent or imply that it endorses such website. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Web-ideja disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Sessionize.com websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Web-ideja asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Sessionize.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Web-ideja in accordance with Web-ideja’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. Web-ideja will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Web-ideja will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Web-ideja or others. In the case of such termination, Web-ideja will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Web-ideja.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Web-ideja to you any Web-ideja or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Web-ideja. Web-ideja, Sessionize.com, the Sessionize.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Sessionize.com or our Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Web-ideja or Web-ideja’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of our Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Web-ideja or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. We are constantly updating our Services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our Services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting on one of our blogs, or by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using our Services within the designated notice period. Your continued use of our Services will be subject to the new terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
- Termination. Web-ideja may terminate your access to all or any part of our Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Sessionize.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using our Services. Web-ideja can terminate the Service immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. Our Services are provided “as is.” Web-ideja and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Web-ideja nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that our Services will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, our Services at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Web-ideja, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Web-ideja under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Web-ideja shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Web-ideja, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of our Services, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Governing Law. Any claim relating to Web-ideja Ltd.’s Site shall be governed by the laws of Croatia without regard to its conflict-of-law provisions.
Note: This Terms of Service document is available under a Creative Commons Sharealike license. The document is derived from the original work by Automattic Inc., San Francisco, California, authors of the world famous Wordpress.com.